Columbus To-Do List: Part 1

As far as exploring Columbus, I have decided to pick and choose from different lists and do a variety of activities in the city. Being from Hilliard, OH and living so close to the city, I’ve never really taken advantage of what Columbus has to offer, so I’m most looking forward to getting off campus and exploring the city. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to feel like I belong in the city and that Columbus is truly my home throughout this experience.

Today, my suite mate Bryce and I journeyed out to Fox in the Snow Cafe. We wanted to have a little time to chat away from the busyness of campus and it was such a nice morning to go out and get to just talk about life.

We took the CABS bus from the towers to the Ohio Union to hop on the 1 towards High St. and Starr St. It was actually pretty easy to just get on the COTA bus and get to the coffee shop. I’ll admit, I was really nervous about that because in my experience thus far with that COTA system, it can sometimes be unpredictable. It was a little bit of a walk form the bus stop to the actual coffee shop once we were down in the general area, but neither of us minded it. It was cloudy and a little bit gloomy, but it felt like fall finally! Upon walking into the coffee shop, it was super crowded and there weren’t many places to sit.

I was definitely not expecting the building to be how it was. I expected it to be tucked away in one of the corners of the Short North maybe, but it was a stand alone garage type of building on the corner of 3rd and 4th. It was a really modernized on the inside, and had a lively feel to it. When we went up to order, we saw that there were lots of yummy pastries to choose from. I ended up getting the sticky bun (and I would highly recommend) and Bryce got the blueberry danish.

Choosing what kind of coffee to get wasn’t hard for me because I knew I wanted to get a cappuccino. I’ve had lot of friends go to this coffee shop before since I live around the area, and so I’ve seen pictures of the cute little art in the cappuccino’s and had to get one for myself.

We got to just sit and chat and enjoy our coffee together, and so that was a really fun experience for me. I LOVE to try new coffee shops and I LOVE to spend quality on e on one time with my friends, so this made for a pretty great morning.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who loves a good atmosphere to sit and have coffee and talk. The cappuccino wasn’t my favorite, but the pastry, as I said, was amazing. I would definitely go back, and I hope some of my fellow ENR scholars will give it a try too:)