International News Trivia (Social) – 3/2/20

On Monday, March 2nd, I attended the international news trivia session in the sky lounge of Smith-Steeb. The wonderful second years that led this event bought those who attended insomnia cookies. I, of course, had one chocolate chip and one macadamia nut cookie. I attended with my roommate Lily. The trivia was presented in the form of a Kahoot and I did not do as amazing as I had hoped but Lily landed top five (proud roomie!!!). Even though I did not end up winning, I learned a few important things that were happening around the world at that time.

Some of the questions included politics, while some were about celebrity news, and others about the coronavirus. I remember one question was about Pete Buttigieg dropping from the presidential race which happened the day before (I shed a tear for a fallen soldier). The questions about coronavirus were just stats of the rates of incidence so it was almost a guessing game at that point. There was another question about Prince Harry and Megan moving to Canada. This event relates to international affairs because it is important to be aware of issues happening around the globe to be an active participant in this subject.