Korean Culture Show (2/14/20) – Campus

On February 14th, I attended the Korean Culture Show at the Ohio Union Performance Hall. I attended the event with my roommate and some of my other friends. We had to go about an hour early because we knew that the line would be long since this was a highly attended show. We were able to get in the third row. The show was based on spreading traditional Korean culture as well as modern culture. There were performances from artists, dancers, singers, drummers, and martial arts students. There was also a parody of a Korean drama that played in between acts.

This event made me realize many things from Korean culture that should be respected by others, no matter the race. The traditional drummers showed traditional music that was very different from other cultures as well as the artists. I see why there is such a buzz on Korean culture, it was very inclusive and inviting. Not only did I learn new things about the culture, but it opened my eyes a little to see the importance of the traditions of another culture. This relates to International Affairs because it is important to be aware of other cultures in order to respect different ethnicities around the world.