Year in Review

I survived my first year of college. This year was filled with lots of academic challenges but these challenges were eradicated by the lessons I learned. The transition from high school academics to college level academics was a big transition in terms of the difficulty and time I had to put into it. I never really struggled academically in high school, but this year I found myself having to study for hours in order to truly master the material. I learned to enjoy mastering the material and the intellectual stimulation it brought. I developed a new strategy in order to maximize my time and my outcomes. However, it wasn’t all tough times. I met many kind and interesting people, including the ones in the Health Science Scholars community. It felt great to embrace the Ohio State community through all the special events and sporting festivities. It really felt like one big family embrace.

I would advise incoming freshmen to get involved in as much as possible! You will get out what you put in as far as involvement goes. Ohio State may seem big and daunting at first, but through getting involved and building close relationships, you can make it feel small. But in course getting involved is in vain if your GPA isn’t high enough. The sooner you get on top of things the less stress you will have come finals season. Time managment is key. It may seem daunting but it is certainly doable. Go Bucks!