Columbus To-Do List pt.2

staufss

20161102_180046

img-20160814-wa0001

I chose the coffee and tea list for the Columbus To-Do List assignment. Throughout the semester I went to several coffee shops around Columbus. From the list, I visited Stauf’s, Mission Coffee, Impero and One Line Coffee. I enjoyed each location that I visited. At Stauf’s, I really enjoyed the art work that was up all over the walls. The coffee was pretty good. Even though it was in a large space, it still seemed crowded. There were around 50 other people in there; it was bumpin’. Mission coffee had a similar vibe. It was fairly busy while I was there. I enjoyed the coffee very much, as well as the music playing in the shop. It seemed like a great place to get work done. Impero was definitely funky. They had some pretty cool pieces of art around the shop. I especially enjoyed the diorama of a space scene that was on the counter. The coffee was excellent. One Line coffee was very pleasant both on the eyes and on the pallet. It seemed like a very open space, but that might just be because it was relatively empty when I went there. It was the only coffee shop that I stayed in for more than half an hour. It’s also nice that it is relatively close to campus. My favorite experience from this semester was definitely going to Stauf’s. This was mostly because it was in a part of Columbus that I had never been to. It also seemed a bit more active then other coffee shops which I like as I enjoy being around other people. One thing I learned about Columbus is that coffee here is kind of expensive. The general quality isn’t outstanding and neither are the prices. That being said, during the To-Do List assignment, I got to go to a couple outstanding shops that I now know about. After completing this assignment, I’d definitely like to explore different parts of Columbus. During the assignment I got to see a lot of different neighborhoods around campus that each held cool, unique shops, parks and other sites. I would certainly recommend having someone that knows a bit more about Columbus with you so that you can explore entire neighborhoods better than just one coffee shop.