RAISEC

During our discussion in ENR last Tuesday, I was able to take time to analyze my position in my career search. At the beginning of the class, I thought I had a pretty firm grasp as to what I’d like to do in the future. After looking at a better description of the job search process and going through my personal traits, I’m not so certain anymore. As far as my placement in the job search process, I believe I have started down the correct path in regards to what major I’ve chosen and the classes I’m taking. After completing the workshop, I was able to confirm that I’d like to work with the environment later on. The workshop also guided me towards a more math and science focused path, which makes sense as I am undecided but taking engineering courses. According to the O*NET test, my RAISEC code is ARE, or Artistic, Realistic and Enterprising. These make sense, but I didn’t think artistic would be so highly rated. I enjoy playing and creating music, but I don’t think that I would call myself an artistic person by any means. I feel like align closely with realistic as I enjoy building systems and planning things out. I’m also not surprised about getting enterprising. I’ve always enjoyed public speaking and presenting. I don’t know how I would do in a more traditional business role, such as sales or management. When looking at my recommended careers, I was fairly surprised. I did not expect to be given recommendations so far from the math and science path that I thought I was more inclined towards. I ended up getting several advertising and designing related careers. I had never really thought about doing anything like that. I have never been design oriented, or artistic in any way, really. When I looked specifically under the realistic and enterprising codes, I got more engineering based careers, which was pleasing to me. Many of the environmental careers that showed up on my list were water related. I, personally, would rather work with wildlife, but water is cool too. My current academic career plans seem to align closely with the careers I was given by O*NET. Recently, I’ve been looking at accounting as a possible major to pursue. This would definitely align with some of the suggestions that I got. But I’m still not 100% sure what I’d like to do. Honestly, I don’t agree very much with the list I was given. I feel like the careers I was given don’t align very closely with my passions and interests. I definitely would like to pursue a career that involves wildlife and wild places. The O*NET test seemed to conflict with almost every other career test I have taken in the last few months. Regardless, it was cool to see what it thought of my personality and its career recommendations.