Buckeyethon!

This year I participated in all aspects of Buckeyethon. I pledged and raised $601 for the event and was a member of our DSWS team wearing Orange attending the Grey day shift on Saturday. I loved the event and realizing how much good it does for families and children that are tragically diagnosed with cancer and similar diseases and afflictions.

I actually was at 100% of Buckeyethon for both shifts. I am an Audio-Visual Technician at the Union so I was on duty for the entire Scarlet shift. It was at this point where I enjoyed the event the most and truly felt like a Buckeye. I worked the audio console for the Great Hall and the best part of that was playing each honored child’s theme song as they ran down the red carpet with Brutus. After that the rave hour when you are exhausted but have hit a huge pump of adrenaline was exciting as a tech, I got to dance around with my managers and coworkers.

The scarlet shift is absolutely electric. It is much better than the grey shift and has twice the amount of participants. Buckeyethon reminded me of how much work my grandmother had put into that hospital and how it is a beacon of hope for families all over the country.