True Colors Reflection

The true colors activity done in our leadership class was very interesting to see how my fellow scholars panned out. I had preconceived notions of which color that many of my peers would identify with. Maybe A was Orange when I actually thought they would be Blue based on previous interactions, meanwhile B I thought to be Yellow and they in fact were! Taking the indicator exam which was a scale based on groupings of adjectives was a successful determinant for which colors people act as. I tied between Blue and Orange which meant that I was very in tune with my emotions, crave deep bonds, and tried to be a ball of radiating positivity. However I also spend just as much effort into being open-minded, skillful, and considerate of others.  I’ve already been applying this to our playful Dunn Scholars community. I am always roaming from Morrill’s suites on our exclusive 13th floor, doing my best to engage with everyone in the program. People will call my name as I walk to the door and ask how I am, prompting the memorable “Sensational” response they hear in return. I love discussing most anything will my fellow mates and learning of their viewpoints in relation to my own. This helps me to become more considerate and insightful in my goal of becoming Well-Rounded and a positive contributor to the Dunn Scholars community.