Campus Resource

The first things that popped into my mind when required to visit a non-academic resource was the Ohio State Center for wellness and the Recreational and Physical activity center also known as the RPAC. I decided to attend the student center for wellness. I was aware of these resources but have yet to explore them. Fortunately my roommate and I decided to venture and explore them together. There were two different ways to schedule appointments. One way being via online upon which a form must be filled out and brought to the wellness center. The second way was in person where you will be given a form  upon which you must fill out and sign and hand in. Following that there was a wait until your name was called. The student wellness center is designed to support and attack typical problems that a college student may experience and struggle with, whether it be from relationship advice, drug prevention, or even a simple cold. Being a freshmen and adjusting to college is not easy, especially being an engineering major with all the overwhelming work and studying that must be completed. Therefore, my roommate and I felt that it would be a good idea to utilize this campus resource to find solutions to reduce stress and establish efficient routines to get our work done in order to help reduce stress and anxiety and ultimately just be happier. Personally I feel that Ohio State is not lacking any resource as any stress or minor inconvenience the typical college student faces can be helped, solved and supported. There are plenty of facilities, professionals, and resources to utilize to limit stress and just make life easier and a more enjoyable experience for college students. this resource has met all my expectations and does not require any extreme developments. There will always be room for growth whether it is a person or business, therefore yes there are potential areas for growth. An area for growth could perhaps be more professionals or staff to reduce wait time. Furthermore, I was glad this assignment required me to utilize this campus resource as they suggested study habits and alternatives to reduce stress and anxiety. My roommate and I split up and met with separate advisors by ourselves. I was suggested the Pomodoro Technique which is where an individual works consistently for twenty five minute intervals with short breaks in between to rest, and recuperate, and then continue back to doing work or studying for twenty five minutes and the cycle repeats. In addition we further talked about other ways to manage stress and anxiety. The simple things matter as well, things such as just eating healthy, drinking water, and daily exercising helps as well. More specifically the Student Wellness Center has a condom club, Student Civility, HIV and STI testing, Buckeye Peer Access Line, as well as Nutrition coaching. I’m sure throughout my time here at The Ohio State University I will utilize the many resources offered by the Student Wellness Center and take full advantage of them for the better and to ensure I enjoy my college life.