GOALS: Global Awareness

This year I have improved my Global Awareness drastically. One of my most rewarding experiences my sophomore year was attending The Taste of OSU. It is a program put on by our Multi Cultural Center. The Taste of OSU is an event that takes up the entire Ohio Union for an evening. Over different ethnic student organizations come and set up a table to serve food from their respective cultures, and many of these organizations prepared performances as well. There were over 50 different organizations represented. It was a great experience because in one evening I got to experience so many cultures from around there world. It definitely widened my view on the world, and made me appreciate much more what other cultures have to offer.

This May I am so excited to announce that I am going on an education abroad trip to Australia and New Zealand. I am so excited for this opportunity to be able to dive into the culture of the pacific islands. I think it will be a very rewarding experience to be able to live in another country for a month. I am excited to see what kind of growth this will provide me as well as how it will expand my appreciation of the world culture.