My Freshman Year in Review

My first year at Ohio State has been awesome and interesting to say the least!  Along with taking some cool and informative classes, I have also been able to meet and interact with some amazing people, including fellow students, professors, staff, and other people not directly associated with the University.  The experiences I have had this first year have been rewarding, fun, and important.  College is a great place to meet new people and to experience things you would not have necessarily been able to experience back at your hometown (although my hometown is only about 20 minutes from here).  I have been able to do so many cool and interesting things this year that it would be hard to list them all.  Instead, I will list some of the biggest highlights and experiences from my first year here at OSU.

1st Semester:

• Took some challenging classes, but survived and did well in them!
  • Introduced to Fisher College; a very neat place that I cannot wait to spend more time in these next few years
  • Met many new people and made some great connections as well
  • Participated in International Affairs Scholars
  • Made Dean’s list!

2nd Semester:

• Took some more challenging classes, but learned a lot, especially in my computer science and engineering class
  • Applied and was accepted to join the National Residency Hall Honorary
  • Applied and was accepted to be a Fisher Peer Mentor for next year
  • Applied, interviewed, and was accepted to become a CRIS Mentor for next year; they are not directly affiliated with OSU but they provide services for refugees and immigrants
  • Participated in the Fisher Job Shadow Program over spring break at a company called Employment Solutions
  • Signed up to participate in STEP next year; I look forward to being able to do that next year
  • Saw lots of dogs on the Oval

Overall my freshman year has been great and I have had some awesome experiences to go along with learning a lot in my classes.  This past year makes me look forward to next year and what it has in store for me.