Week 7- Andy Warhol

My chosen item was the very majestic young cat. While I was growing up, my mother and I would take care of stray cats in the neighborhood and feed them. I never had any pets growing up, so I (more quickly than my mother) got attached to them. The female cats would even bring their litter of kittens for us to get to know (and feed the) like “hey human, look at these even smaller cats. I made so many”.

I believe Warhol’s ideas have merit and are incredibly relevant to pop culture as he typically takes something that is very familiar to the masses and puts it in new, fun, and exciting perspective with his manipulation. His artwork was trying to communicate a new outlook for objects people had seen and repeatedly interacted with throughout their life, giving it a bold, bright, and invigorating outlook. My item, the cat, has relationship to pop culture in that people either love them or hate them, and the cat is a very popular domestic friend to have. This is the kind of manipulation you would use to make memes, so I assume it is very relevant to the people using internet.

I think automation is the way forward- before, I would have painstakingly made some parts of this in paint 3D, but Photoshop has allowed me to explore digital manipulation in ways I did not understand before. While I am still a beginner, I find what Photoshop can do a pretty good automation for my level.