Update from Jenan!

Hello AABB Team!
I hope you’ve all been doing well over these past couple of weeks! It’s Jenan checking in with all my amazing surveyors, and giving you a couple of minor updates.
First, we’ve reached about 680 surveys submitted, and 515 registered surveyors! That’s incredible! Thank you all for helping collect so much data – I never imagined so many people would be so excited to help the bumbles, and I can’t wait to see what we can learn from analyzing it. 🙂
Most of these surveys were completed in MD (around 140), VA (around 130),OH (around 120), and PA (around 100). Other locations we’ve received data from include Canada, AK, CA, CO, CT, GA, IL, MA, ME, MI, MO, MN, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, TX, VT, WI, and WV.  Pretty cool to see how spread out we are!
While we still would love more data from everywhere (!!), it would be especially great to get more data from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and West Virginia. If you’re in one of these states and there’s anything I can do to make the survey process easier, please reach out and let me know!
Second, I’ve heard that some people are having a hard time with Seek and Google Drive, so we’ve created an additional survey option that bypasses these parts by using iNaturalist and the digital datasheet! For this option, simply upload all of your flower photos to iNaturalist and provide a link to each flower photo in the corresponding row of the datasheet. Attached is an example of a survey submitted this way (Big thanks to a clever surveyor,  Abbie, who suggested and tested out this idea!). Feel free to reach out with any questions about this method, or to continue using the old method.
I know it’s brutally hot across a lot of the US right now, so I hope everyone is staying hydrated and taking breaks! Thank you EXTRA for going out and surveying in this heat! Thanks again, stay safe, and happy surveying!!
Jenan