Thirteenth Week: Last Week at Arsenal

Hi Everyone!

This week was my last week for my internship at Arsenal. It was amazing to do the internship at one of the best training centers in Europe and learn from the best as well. For my last week, I was focused on packing up and doing my jobs for the last time at Arsenal from tripling, priming, weeding, etc. Before I left London Colney, I was a tourist for the day around the area that I have lived in during my internship.

image
At the Hatfield House Garden

This past weekend, I went to visit the Hatfield House. Located in the town Hatfied, this house is one of many different places that are considered a royal place. Inside, the house has many paintings of the different monarchy that have lived or visited the House from King James I to Queen Elizabeth II. Currently, the house is owned by the 7th Marquee of Salisbury. It also has a wonderful garden around the whole house. The house was also the place where the military tested the tanks used during World War I.

image
Inside George Bernard Shaw’s Office

Another place that I have visited was the home of George Bernard Shaw, also known as Shaw’s Corner. Located in a tiny village called Ayot St. Lawrence, Shaw is a very well known Irish writer to Nobel Prize winner who wrote many different plays and books. One of his plays, Pygmalion was turned to a feature film in the 1930’s that earned him an Academy Award. The play and film inspired the making of another play and film called My Fair Lady. Shaw’s Corner is recognized as a National Trust place of his home. The place takes a step in time at the mid-1950’s of the lifestyle that Shaw had before his passing. It was interesting that a place like this was hiding in the back roads of the county Hertfordshire.

It was sad of leaving London Colney and the people who I worked beside with at the training center at Arsenal. But I am now continuing to travel in the United Kingdom and Wales for my last week before heading home in Ohio (which I will post next week). Thanks again for reading my post for this week.

Until the next time, Cheers!