Global Awareness: I haven’t quite decided on a strict plan yet, but I have a goal to study abroad before I leave Ohio State. I would love to be able to experience a culture different from my own and cultivate relationships with people from differing cultures. It is important to gain varying perspectives in life and to appreciate those with different values than your own.

Original Inquiry: I am a member of the Deloitte Career Launch Program on campus this year and for this program we work in teams and interact with Deloitte professionals to develop soft skills and problem solve. At the end of the program, we will complete a case study in teams, which will provide many skills that will be applicable to my future career goals as an Accountant.

Academic Enrichment: This year, I began taking many of the business core classes, creating a quite rigorous course load. A goal of mine for this year is to choose a minor that interests me, and that is outside of the business school, in order to create more variety in my studies.

Leadership Development: This year, I am a leader in a student organization on campus called CHAARG. It stands for Changing Health Attitudes and Actions to Recreate Girls. As a leader, I stand to inspire other girls to achieve their fitness goals as well as prosper in their mental, physical, and emotional health. I hope to further develop my leadership skills in this position next year as well.

Service Engagement: As a Mount Scholar, this year I have committed to perform a Year of Service. For the first half of my hours, I plan to serve at the Community Kitchen—preparing and serving meals for those in need. Throughout this project, it is important for me to get to know members of my community who I may not normally come across and to gain perspective on community issues.