Year in Review

During my second year at Ohio State, I have grown in numerous ways through my involvements and achievements. First semester of my sophomore year was by far my most challenging academic semester I have had. I had to learn to prioritize all of my involvements on top of the time I was spending studying and struggled a lot in the beginning. I also made the decision to pursue a dual degree and added a psychology major. To be honest, I did feel I had overextended myself and was had to take a step back and reevaluate my priorities. I have continued my involvement in Student Alumni Council, Relay for Life, Buckeyethon, and have continued to work as a tutor for the athletic department. In addition, I began pursuing an internship at Huntington and accepted an offer in the commercial operations department. Over the course of the year, I felt I began to balance my involvements in a better way and was more able to effectively contribute to each individual involvement in the way I wanted to. I served as team captain for the business scholars Buckeyethon team and achieved miracle maker status by raising over $1000 toward our $2.7 million total. While Buckeython remains one of my favorite events on campus, I also made an effort to gain new experiences as well. For example, I went on a Buck-I-Serve trip over spring break to Baltimore, Maryland and volunteered for a week at the Arc of Baltimore, a nonprofit that helps adults with intellectual disabilities. I felt this was a good example that represents my growth over the year as it was a bit out of my comfort zone to travel to a new state with 8 people I previously did not know, however was an experience I will always remember. All in all, I think that I have settled in at Ohio State and finally feel like it is truly my home. I feel like I have gained my footing since freshman year and have found the organizations that I want to be a part of for the remainder of my time here. Beyond that, I have met incredible people that I hope will be lifelong friends. Above all, I will always value my education and believe that I have developed habits that will prove successful as I work toward completing my degrees and in whatever career I ultimately choose to pursue post-graduation.