Become a Volunteer!
APOP is an entirely volunteer run organization. Without the help of passionate students, faculty members, and staff we would not exist. If you have a strong love of anthropology, and you are ready to share your enthusiasm with others, please complete the application below. You do not need to be in the OSU Anthropology Department! We have volunteers in a number of affiliated departments including Anatomy, Evolution, Ecology, and Organismal Biology, and even the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
Volunteer positions are open to individuals aged 18 years or older who support the aims and principles of APOP, and are willing to contribute to APOP’s mission through outreach, administrative duties, management duties, or content generation. Exceptions are possible for participants who are under the age of 18, however all underage applicants must abide by OSU’s underage volunteer policy, and must acquire special approval from the APOP board. We look forward to reviewing your application!
- Complete APOP’s volunteer application (Volunteer Application Form).
- Sign APOP’s Release and Waiver of Liability form in order to keep APOP compliant with OSU’s liability policies (OSU Waiver of Liability).
- Send your completed Application Form and Waiver to Leigh Oldershaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are accepted as a volunteer you must:
- Sign OSU’s Standards of Behavior form (this gets sent out via Docusign) in order to keep APOP compliant with OSU’s youth policy.
- Receive training for your chosen program if necessary (this may include off campus trainings with partners, e.g. COSI).
- Undergo background checks if you choose to volunteer with programs that work with partners who require background checks (e.g. COSI).
- Commit to an annual minimum number of volunteer hours required by you chosen program (typically 4-6 hours per semester).