Due to COVID-related reasons, the Senior Fair Board has decided to cancel Steer Tag-In for this Saturday, November 21st. We have come up with the following plan instead:
All steer registrations will now need to be submitted to the Extension office via email or postal mail.
- One registration per steer.
- You can register up to 4 steers.
- Each registered steer needs to have at least one photo sent in with the registration. Picture(s) need to include distinctive markings. Extension will keep the photos.
For Email Submissions:
- Send one registration and accompanying photo(s) together per email. (Ex: 3 steers = 3 emails)
- Send email to Dickerson.firstname.lastname@example.org
For Postal Mail:
- Attach photo(s) to coordinating registration.
- All registrations/photos can be sent together in one envelope to: Belmont County Extension, 101 North Market St., Suite A, St. Clairsville, OH 43950
ALL REGISTRATIONS/PHOTOS MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE EXTENSION OFFICE BY NOVEMBER 30th
Tag Pick Up:
- Tags will be available for pick up at the Extension office December 1st through December 4th
- Pick up will be provided curb-side as we are limiting traffic in the office
- Pick up between 9:00-3:00 or by appointment
- Call the office at (740) 695-1455 upon arrival and we will bring tags out to you
Please call Crystal or Tracey at the Extension office if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks for your cooperation in these crazy times!
As we enter the week before fair, Belmont County 4-H is going to bringing you some IMPORTANT Reminders daily on our social media platforms and here on the blog. Be on the look out for these reminders, as they will help us all to navigate a smooth and safe fair.
IMPORTANT: Any exhibitors who are taking their animals home following their show, instead of going through the sale, MUST let Leroy Carpenter, Mark Stephens or Ed Campbell know they are taking them home! This must be done before removal of any animals going home before the designated times they are released as stated in the fair tab. Animals may leave the grounds following the end of their SPECIES show & showmanship and once one of the three Senior Fair Board Members mentioned above have been informed.
Reminder: ALL MARKET Exhibitors (with Exception of Hogs) must let the Jr Fair Board Office know which animals the exhibitor plans to sell by 5 p.m. Wednesday night! Any exhibitors taking hogs may wait till after the hog show to decide which animals you want to sell. YOUR ANIMALS WILL NOT BE LISTED IN THE SALE ORDER IF YOU DO NOT REPORT WHAT YOU WANT TO SELL! Even if you only have 1 market animal on the grounds, you must let the Jr Fair Office know you are selling that animal.
Livestock Weigh-In Tuesday at Fair
This year, market sheep and goats will be weighed in before market beef in the Open Class
Beef Barn. Weigh-in will start promptly at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 8th.
Order of weigh-in will be as follows; sheep, goats, steers, feeder calves. Market Hogs will
weigh-in promptly at 8:00 a.m. in the Perkins Hog Show Arena.
Also, please be sure to remove all tags from your market animal’s ears with the exception
of FEDERAL EID TAGS, SCRAPIE TAGS, and the FAIR TAGS given to you by the Fair Board.
ALL MARKET ANIMALS THAT ARE UNDERWEIGHT AND OVERWEIGHT MUST LEAVE THE FAIRGROUNDS IMMEDIATELY
FOLLOWING THEIR WEIGH-IN! THERE WILL BE NO OPPORTUNITY TO USE THESE ANIMALS FOR SHOWMANSHIP THIS
Wondering what to wear for your livestock show? Take a look at our suggested dress code for Junior Fair Shows below!
Please see the page from the newsletter posted below for a comprehensive schedule of the Belmont County Junior Fair. Make note of schedule changes for shows.