Module 6 Reflection – Research and Search

I found this week’s module to be particularly valuable to individuals facing the challenges of students. We are all used to using sites like Google for personal, casual use, but many of us lack concrete knowledge of how Google, and other resources can be better used for the academic person. We too often try to apply the same strategies that we would use for getting information on “Justin Bieber” as we would on “Pulmonary Lung Disease.” In particular, I really gained insight from finding out more on Google’s advanced search parameters. Usually I just settle for a basic search and opening 30+ tabs, but by narrowing my search from the start, I save time and get higher quality results. By using some of these now, I’m seeing definite improvement.

I would advise everyone to take these tools and use them to their advantage. There are so many ways you can create value and save time in your academic and personal matters whn you take a little bit of time to refine what you’re looking for. I also encourage people to seek out new ways of searching and organizing information. Nothing I mentioned is exhaustive, and finding tools that serve your needs is crucial.