G.O.A.L.S.

The G.O.A.L.S. are the pillars of the Scholars program, and each letter represents a different aspect of what is important and prioritized during my college experience.

“G” stands for Global Awareness, which means that students develop an appreciation and understanding for diverse people and cultures. I am currently working on a minor in Spanish, and I also plan on studying abroad in the future.
“O” is for Original Inquiry, which means that Honors & Scholars students put an emphasis on finding opportunities, such as engaging in research. Next year, I hope to find a position in a lab that I could become a part of to gain research experience to help me develop my interests when it comes to pursuing a career.
“A” is for Academic Enrichment, meaning that Honors & Scholars students look for academic experiences and challenges in and out of the classroom. I am currently working on maintaining a high gpa, taking challenging courses, and trying to meet professors and faculty.
“L” stands for Leadership Development, which means that leadership is an important quality and skill to develop for academics, clubs, organizations, and future roles and career paths. I hope to find a club or organization that I can fit into well that I am interested in and passionate about that I could form a leadership position in.
“S” is for Service Engagement, which means that service to the community is a characteristic of Honors & Scholars students. I plan on volunteering at a hospital or medical facility as soon as possible.