My First Week at OSU

My first week at OSU went very smoothly. I got to move in early as part of the OWL program, which was definitely helpful in terms of settling in and having extra time to explore campus and making new friends. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that most of the classes this week were spent going over the syllabus and how the classes worked. I was nervous that they would automatically jump to lectures, so it was relieving to have some time to figure everything out before we moved on to the actual course lectures. In terms of finding classes, I haven’t gotten lost yet which is a good start! After walking around campus all week, the campus is starting to feel a lot smaller and easier to navigate. I did get lost on the COTA bus however, so that’s something I still need to figure out. I checked out a lot of clubs on campus this week, and it was so much fun getting to meet so many new people. A lot of upperclassmen have reached out to me, and I’ve gotten to get lunch or dinner with so many new people and learn about their experiences on campus and stories in life. In terms of my expectations for the Humanities Scholars, so far it seems to align with my interests, and I’m glad that I get to be a part of it. All of the activities seem enjoyable and I’m looking forward to all of the upcoming events. Being in a very STEM-heavy class load, it’s nice to balance it out with the arts and to learn more about different cultures. I expect my time at OSU to be one of self-growth and exploration. I can’t wait to explore the campus and the city and to create new memories and new friendships. I know that my classes are going to be hard and will require a lot of time and effort, but I am ready for that challenge. Even in just a period of one week, I feel as if I’ve grown a lot already. I am learning more about myself every day, which is why I’m excited for what lays ahead in my time at OSU.

Taken at a smores bonfire hosted by a church group on campus!