Final Project Brainstorming

I will be doing my final project on the topic of change, but more specifically, continuity over time. This topic interests me because I’m graduating soon and with everything happening and changing so fast, it’s comforting to look back at the things that have stayed the same and realizing that those are the things that truly matter. As far as learning about this topic, I look forward to working with these two pictures I have of me getting ready to water ski up in northern Michigan and picking up on the minute similarities between tiny Amber and Amber from a few years ago. Cliche images associated with change include the procession of the seasons, the changing of the leaves, the growth of a plant. Other people should care about this topic because everyone goes through periods in their life when things feel as if they are changing too fast and can find comfort, like I have, in reflecting on the things that have remained the same. To avoid using cliche imagery I plan on using pictures that are from the same season in similar settings and with Photoshop I will attempt to make it look like tiny Amber is standing next to larger Amber. I hope to get people interested in this topic by making the final product look seamless and they’re kind of candid pictures so they’re cute.