Progress on Face Swap Picture

The painting I worked with was “Young Girl Listening to a Conversation Between Two Lovers” by Michel Garnier. I was drawn to this painting because I feel I put myself on the sidelines in life, listening to the excitement of other people’s lives instead of pursuing it myself. Once a .jpg of the painting and a .jpg of my face in Photoshop, I used the transform tools to resize the photo to fit on the painting and then took a color swatch of the subject’s face so I could match the skin tones. To do this, I used the marquee tool to make a rectangular selection, made this its own layer, used the blur-average tool to get a single tone, copied it into the page with the photo, and repeated these steps with the photo of my face. I used the curve tool to find the color metadata of the painting rectangle and entered those RGB values as the output for the photo rectangle. I embedded this new color metadata into the photo and copied a selection of the photo into the painting’s workspace. From there I moved, transformed, and erased the edges of the photo to make it fit better with the face in the painting. To make it blend in better with the artist’s style, I made a selection of the painting’s rosy cheeks, made it a layer, and placed it above the photo’s layer where I then transformed the cheek selection to better fit the face in the photo.