As we work our way through the first month of 2019, many of you are on the #newyearnewcareer train! January is always a great time to start fresh in your career, whether that means transitioning to a different industry or position, or simply better positioning yourself for professional growth while remaining consistent with where you are for the moment.
With that in mind, Glassdoor has released its annual “Best Jobs in America” report, complete with a compilation of the top 50 jobs for professionals in 2019. This report is, as always, chock full of excellent information for job seekers who are interested in knowing where industries and job types are projected to go throughout the next year. Just to give a sample, here are the top five “Best Jobs” according to the report:
- – Data Scientist – Average salary: $108k/year – 6,510 projected openings
- – Nursing Manager – Average salary: $83k/year – 13,931 projected openings
- – Marketing Manager – Average salary: $82k/year – 7,395 projected openings
- – Occupational Therapist – Average salary: $74k/year – 17,701 projected openings
- – Product manager – Average salary: $115k/year – 11,884 projected openings
Additionally, the report forcasts a spike in demand for highly-skilled workers, and sees the healthy job market we are currently enjoying as one that is particularly favorable to job seekers. Unsurprisingly, healthcare jobs continue to gain ground, taking up 8 of the top 50 spots, but this list is well-rounded, showing progress and opportunities for people across a variety of industries. All in all, it looks like this is a good time to change positions!
For the full report, check out Glassdoor here: https://www.glassdoor.com/List/Best-Jobs-in-America-LST_KQ0,20.htm