Multidisciplinary Applied Collaborative (MAC)
Definition: A MAC is an entity formed by a group of faculty/staff/students representing different fields of expertise to address a current issue/problem resulting in practical applications
- MAC members span a variety of multidisciplinary fields that contribute to finding solutions for the defined area of the MAC
- All MAC members (regardless of rank, area of expertise etc) contribute to its success; there is no defined hierarchy
- Funding is obtained by MAC members and does not rely on College or University funds
- Innovation is key to moving the MAC forward towards accomplishing its goals
- By definition, a MAC has varied stakeholders that includes industry, government, consumers etc
- A MAC will exist as long as its members desire it to and obtain funding to support it.