CFAES Spirit of The Land Grant Award – Yael Vodovotz and BAIT
3rd Place in 2021 IFT Student Food Packaging Development Competition – Kathryn Williamson and Thomas Banker for ‘Single-Use Coffee Cup Polyurethane Liner from Spent Coffee Ground Oil’
We would like to congratulate Dr. Katrina Cornish for her induction into the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE) College of Fellows!
What was the coolest science story of 2019? (January 2020)
Material Provided for News Articles
- Misty Krane. “Study shows potential for Earth-friendly plastic replacement,” OSU press release, April 9, 2019. https://news.osu.edu/study-shows-potential-for-earth-friendly-plastic-replacement/
- Sophie Hirsh, “New Bioplastic-Rubber Blended Material Could Be the Plastic Packaging Alternative the Earth Needs”, GreenMatters, April, 2019. https://www.greenmatters.com/p/new-plastic-material-ohio-state.
- Amit Malewar, “The study is likely to replace earth-friendly plastic,” Techexplorist, April, 9, 2019. https://www.techexplorist.com/study-likely-replace-earth-friendly-plastic/22152/
- Alexandru Micu, “New research produces a viable, biodegradable alternative to plastic”, ZME Science, April 9, 2019. https://www.zmescience.com/science/plastic-rubber-alternative-blend-24264732/
- Janet R. Aguilar, “Research: New biodegradable “plastic: is tough, flexible,” The Daily News, April 10, 2019. https://www.tunisiesoir.com/science/research-new-biodegradable-plastic-is-tough-flexible-15242-2019/
- Ohio State researchers develop biodegradable plastic. WOSU, April 10, 2019. https://radio.wosu.org/post/ohio-state-researchers-develop-biodegradable-plastic
- Laxmi Haigh “An earth-friendly plastic replacement? Study shows potential for a biodegradable plastic with both sturdy and flexible traits,” Packaging Insights. April 16, 2019. https://www.packaginginsights.com/news/an-earth-friendly-plastic-replacement.html
- Rachel Penton “Ohio State developed ‘bioplastic’ that can replace grocery bags, food containers,” ABC 6, Fox28 April 30, 2019. https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/ohio-state-has-developed-a-bioplastic-that-can-replace-grocery-bags-food-containers
- Ashton Nichols “Ohio State researchers’ biodegradable plastic alternative being honed for marketplace,” June 13, 2019. https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190613/ohio-state-researchers-biodegradable-plastic-alternative-being-honed-for-marketplace