USDA Extends CFAP Deadline, Covers Additional Commodities

Producers can now apply for Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) assistance through Sept. 11.

USDA extended the deadline of the $16 billion COVID-19 relief package and announced additional commodities to be covered by the program this week.

Farmers who already applied and received assistance can also expect a final payment. While producers initially received 80% of their payments to ensure availability of funding, USDA said the Farm Service Agency (FSA) will now automatically issue the remaining 20% to those eligible. Going forward, approved CFAP applicants will receive 100% of their total payment.

USDA recommends producers, especially those who have not previously worked with FSA, call 877-508-8364 to start the application process. More info on CFAP and how to apply here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *