Columbus To Do List Part 2

enr2

The second place that we (Myself, Jackie Green, Mitchel Green, and Shane Edmonds) went to on our Columbus To-Do list was to Jeni’s. I decided to share an ice cream with Mitchel, and we both decided on getting Wildberry Lavender ice cream and Riesling Poached Pear sorbet. I myself had gotten the lavender ice cream once before and loved it, and I found I especially loved the new pear sorbet I had tried out (it tasted exactly like a pear). I would absolutely go back, though only every once in a while considering Jeni’s prices for their ice cream.

enr1

The last place that the four of us went to together was Whit’s Custard. Whit’s prices were incredibly fair and their custard was especially good, I think. I ordered a small chocolate custard with reese’s cups mixed into it–and got more than I had anticipated to. I most certainly learned that next time I shouldn’t order the small, I should order the mini-cups that they had offered on a small sign on the counter. Their choices in flavors are just a tad disappointing (chocolate, vanilla, and a flavor of the day), though. Having been to Whit’s once before this, I would absolutely recommend going if you’re looking for good custard (and a lot of it) for a good price.

enr-4

The next stop that Jackie, Mitchel, and I made on our own was to 39 Below Frozen Yogurt, which I admit I did not buy anything from as I was saving my dessert money that day for Graeter’s. This particular shop was more hole-in-the-wall than the previous dessert shops we had went to, and was especially spooky to get to since it was at night when we went. I don’t think I would personally go back, though I’m sure that during the day it looks less shady than it did during the night.

enr-5

The last dessert shop that Jackie, Mitchel, and I paid a visit to was Graeter’s ice cream. This place I was all too familiar with, as we have one right in my hometown that we loved to go to after every theatre performance I was in. I decided on getting the Buckeye chocolate chip ice cream, which I hadn’t gotten in some time, though I once I did get it I wished I had gotten the Blackberry ice cream. As always, Graeter’s was a wonderful experience with delicious ice cream and cones, and I would absolutely recommend going there to anyone in need of a sweet treat.

I think my favorite experience from doing the Columbus to-do list with everyone was going to Rocket Fizz, which is one of my favorite shops in the Short North. I love all of the lesser known candies and funny sodas that they have in the shop. I learned a lot about the bus system in Columbus by going to these places all around Columbus, and how to pay attention to my surroundings to make sure that I was going the correct way on the bus. I think I’d like to explore more general restaurants in the city that people recommend going to in Columbus (example: Buca di Beppo), and other general food experiences since that seems to be what the city is becoming known for. To anyone going to attempt this list next year, I highly recommend trying something at each shop if you’re able to, and to bring someone with you each time you go.