Recovering from an emergency is never easy, but should be more manageable with notes taken during the respond and mitigate phase. The recovery phase should begin after all persons are safe. After the emergency is over, it’s time to go back to the original road map to recover and improve practices for the future of your business. The recovery phase is the third part of emergency action plans as outlined in the beginning of this workbook.
The recovery process should take you back to your roadmap by doing the following:
- Update the plan for each topic relating to the emergency that happened.
- Update the check-list for related flipbook pages
- Review with your support team
- Re-work your plan into place (print new management plan, print new flipbooks)
- Implement at your farm (through employee training)
Prepare…Respond & Mitigate…Recover…Improve Practices