Public Relations Plan
Crisis Communications with media
- Communicate to all (employees and press) that only a designated person will speak for the operation.
- Pre-plan initial responses based on the categories we’ve reviewed.
- No response means they will talk to ‘anyone else’ who wants to comment on the situation.
- Run these by your support team.
What to do:
- Deal with emergency first.
- Be sure to document as soon as emergency is over.
- Revert directly to public relations plan for guidance.
- Seek professional assistance with plan in addition to reviewing resources.