-Storms, Tornados, Floods, etc.
- City, County and State Emergency Management Agencies and Services are typically available for large disasters
- Insurance companies
- Prepare for localized and seasonal emergencies
- pop-up thunder storms
- localized flash flooding
- high winds
Now that you have an overview of the specific emergencies which can occur on your farm, start your plan page in this manner:
- Talk with sheriff or local official about the decision to evacuate or remain in place.
- Make decision based on this and the plan
- Use siren or speaker system to communicate with guests/employees and give authority.
- Employees know to respond by:
- Directing traffic out of farm OR
- Directing guests to the designated shelter area
- Get remaining employees or even guests to safest location.
- Communicate end of threat or event to all remaining at location.
- Refer to “Medical Emergencies” or other section if necessary.