G.O.A.L.S.

I volunteered with various clubs and organizations this year. The first semester of my freshman year I participated in the school’s community commitment day. As a part of this service, I went to a nearby elementary school and helped ready the classrooms for the upcoming school year. Later on in the year, I volunteered with Garden of Hope to help harvest the vegetables as well as get the garden ready for winter. Around Christmas time I volunteered at a local church and helped gift wrap shoe boxes for inner-city kids.

During my second semester, I also participated in various service opportunities. I volunteered with a club on campus called Breathe Hope to make paper roses to pass out during Valentine’s Day. I also volunteered with the James Hospital and tied blankets for patients at the hospital. Additionally, as a part of a club I’m in, I helped organize a community service showcase in which many organizations came to offer students volunteer opportunity. This past week I also volunteered with my church to make cards for hospitalized kids.

I expanded my Global Awareness by attending various events held by OUAB at Ohio State. One of the events I attended was the Terry Crews event in which toxic masculinity and stigmas around sexual assault. Additionally, I attended the Jameela Jamil discussion which was centered around self -love and body positivity.

Additionally, I experienced Leadership Development by helping to organize a community service event for Morrill Scholars. As a team, some students and I met up once a month to bring service organizations to Ohio State. Through this event, students looking for places to volunteer could come by and find an organization they are interested in.