Web-Enhanced Listening and Viewing Strategies

Coming to you from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina because I didn’t do my assignment ahead of time!

I liked this weeks topic because I think it relates to me very well. I am horrible at being distracted during lectures which is why I opt to take paper notes, I also don’t like carrying my laptop with me everywhere I go. I liked the exercise with the two different methods on note taking because even though I had already learned what those two types were, I liked how the video like showed them in action. The difference between the two made a lot more sense after watching the video since I saw them being used in real time.

It’s very important to be “present” in class. I put that word in quotation marks because just because you’re physically there doesn’t mean you are present. I don’t know how many lectures I’ve gone to because they took attendance and then sat on my phone or laptop the whole time and didn’t really pay attention. Who did that benefit? Definitely wasn’t me. I need to be more “present” during lectures because it’s a waste of time if I am not. My mind can also wonder, so I need to work on active listening as well in classes that I am in.