Learning Technologies

• Notability (Notetaking Application)
  • Tusk (ToDo List Application)
  • Khan Academy (Learning Application)

Notability (application) - WikipediaNotability users will no longer lose features they paid for as part of the app's impending freemium switch | iMore

Notability is a note-taking application that allows easy organization and storing of handwritten notes on a mobile device. Some advantages are that it has a well-designed highlighting system and smart shaping to create perfect shapes when a user draws them. Some disadvantages are that it is not free and costs about 10$ a year. It also does not have a bucket feature to fill in shapes with color.

Since it came preinstalled on the OSU iPads, I have used this tool to keep digital notes since my first semester as a Freshman. So far I have had no issues with the application. I have found it to be a well-designed tool to keep digital notes organized.

Tusk: flexible task and habit manager - Apps on Google PlayTusk: flexible task and habit manager - Apps on Google Play

Tusk is a ToDo list application that allows you to record and track the progress of different tasks across a monthly calendar. Some advantages are that it has a simple appealing design and that it is free. Some disadvantages are that the premium version is not free so you cannot sync your data to the cloud without paying.

I have used this app for about a year and it is very simple and user-friendly. It is a great tool to plan out your day and feel fulfilled when you accomplish everything you set out to do.

Khan Academy APK MOD Download 7.3.1 For AndroidHow to Build Your Own Learning App: Khan Academy App Example

Khan Academy is an alternative learning platform/application that has step-by-step tutorials and information on a variety of topics. An advantage is that it has videos and text courses for many different subjects and thus can benefit a large audience. A disadvantage is that some courses are shorter than others and therefore are less valuable than some of the more extensive subjects.

I have used this website many times throughout my academic career and I think it has some of the most easy-to-follow tutorials on the internet. I like how no assumptions are made about the viewers’ knowledge of a difficult subject and the videos rather explain every step in detail.