MODULE 4 BLOG: Web-Enhanced Reading & Study Strategies

This module was over some of the various tools and resources the internet provides us that can help us with our learning.   Things like blogs, news websites, podcasts, and papers are all available online and can be incredibly helpful when learning. Even though it went and looked at a lot of different resources, the most valuable tip I found in the reading was SQ3R on page 7.  With all of the various ways to get information over the internet, sometimes it’s hard to retain the important information we need.  So, SQ3R is a solid strategy to help memorize and understand the important questions.  It involves surveying the reading, Identifying the important questions, Then reading the content.  Afterwards, you can recite the content and summarize it in your own words to verify your understanding.  You can then review for afterwards to make sure that the information stays fresh.  I think that I can institute this into my own life, as sometimes I will find a very well put together and helpful resource but then I will think I understand it once I’ve only looked at it for a bit.  By using these measures I can verify that I will remember it and not just be trying to cram it back in the day before an exam.