MODULE 3 BLOG: Communicating and Collaborating Blog Post

The most useful things I learned from the online lesson were the more subtle things That I have not thought of before.  These tips are nice things to keep in mind while sending messages and communicating both casually and professionally. Things like making sure to avoid any slight misunderstandings make a lot of sense because of the fact that so much of regular, in person communication in nonverbal, there are a lot of social cues that are not shown or can be easily missed.  I have already put the think before sending into practice, as I have a habit of saving emails as drafting and revising them later. This works extra well if you can wait a decent period of time, because if you can forget your original thought process when writing the email it allows you to effectively see it as an outsider, and lets you edit it in amore unbiased way.  I also believe that I could use emailing to more effectively communicate with my professors. To often am I forced to try to guess what my professor meant by something or what is and what isn’t going to be covered on a test, and communicating well could help solve these problems. The advice I would give based off this module is that communicating online is an effective and useful tool that needs to be used with some caution, as things can be misinterpreted or backfire.