The Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership has named 10 students to the second class of ACEL Distinguished Seniors in 2020. These students were selected by the faculty and staff of the Department for their excellence both in and out of the classroom.
2020 ACEL Distinguished Seniors include:
- Trenton Baldwin, community leadership
- Caleb Hickman, agriscience education
- Lea Kimley, agricultural communication
- Elizabeth Landis, agriscience education
- Taylor Lutz, agriscience education
- Meredith Oglesby, agricultural communication
- Taylor Orr, agriscience education
- Clinton A. Gage Smith, community leadership
- Marlee Stollar, agricultural communication
- Brittany Weller, agriscience education
“ACEL is blessed with exceptional students and these 10 seniors represent the amazing accomplishments of our undergraduate students,” said Dr. Scott Scheer, professor and interim chair of ACEL. “They have excelled in all areas of Ohio State student life, from the classroom to conducting research to community service and student organization leadership. These and all of our ACEL seniors will continue to achieve much as they complete their undergraduate degrees and spring forward into life after graduation.”
The ACEL Distinguished Seniors will be recognized at the Department’s annual banquet on April 14, 2020.
ACEL prepares communicators, educators and leaders in the food, agricultural, and environmental sciences to integrate research-based learning, practice and engagement, in ways that will advance positive changes that strengthen individuals, families and communities. For more information on the academic programs and research available in ACEL, or to donate to student scholarships, please visit acel.osu.edu.