Mabry awarded American FFA Degree

Jasmine Mabry 
sophomore

agricultural education

My involvement in the FFA can be described as nothing less than incredible. The experiences I’ve had, skills I have gained, and memories I’ve made are irreplaceable.

FFA is what lead me to pursue a degree in agriscience education. Being able to lead students into becoming the best, most successful versions of themselves is my aspiration. Although my time in the blue corduroy is over, I know there will be so many new and incredible experiences to come as an agricultural educator.

When I look back on my time in the FFA, the most memorable things are receiving my State FFA Degree, receiving a gold-rated Secretary book twice, camping for my senior officer retreat, the many conventions, competing in public speaking, all of the time spent on trips (regardless of location), and receiving my American FFA Degree.

I got my inspiration to achieve the honor of receiving my American Degree from my FFA Advisor. Miss Sarhra Flinn was very persistent in helping me to achieve my dreams. She works diligently to ensure the success of her students, and I know I wouldn’t be where I am today without her pushing me and showing me that I can achieve many things if I put the work in.

Receiving my American Degree is a dream I’ve had since my freshman year of high school. Walking across the stage at the National FFA Convention and Expo meant so much to me because it was the last “hoorah” to close out the past five years of hard work, determination, memories, and experiences.