Where Are They Now? Adam Marx

Untitled-1

Adam Marx graduated from the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences in 2005 with a degree in agricultural education, and then again in 2008 with a master’s degree in agricultural education. Find out more about Adam Marx in our Q & A below:

Adam Marx, wife Bethany, and daughter Everly Ann

Leah: Where your career has taken you since graduating?

Adam: In 2014, I finished my Ph.D. in Agricultural Education at the University of Missouri and now work as a teacher educator at North Dakota State University. Prior to pursuing my doctorate, I taught school-based agricultural education at Cory-Rawson Schools in Rawson, Ohio during four great years. In between those two experiences, my wife and I lived in central Wisconsin for a couple of years where I worked as a farm lender primarily serving dairy farm enterprises. Ultimately, I decided the classroom was where I belonged and wanted to work at the collegiate level.

L: What is your current role in your career now?

A: As a teacher educator and assistant professor in agricultural education I have the great privilege of helping prepare future high school teachers. I say privilege because my daily teaching and scholarship provide me the opportunity to work with some of the best people in the business. Plus, I advise people toward their dream career!

L: Do you have any advice to prospective or current students?

A: Be decisive but flexible. That may seem counterintuitive, but leave room in your life and career aspirations for alternative influences. Always work toward clear goals and don’t forget to look in the periphery at times. You just never know what kind of cool addition to your life you might experience if you leave your blinders on.

L: What fun or interesting facts would you like to share about you and your family, or even your pets?

A: My wife Bethany and I just added to our family with our firstborn. We have a daughter, Everly Ann, born on July 11, 2016. She brings much joy to our life. We have a lab/sheltie cross dog name Paisley and we recently lost our 11-year-old golden retriever, Porter. We live at the western edge of Minnesota lakes country, so the landscape around our property is beautiful with some rolling hills, trees, and of course many bodies of water. We live in a log home on 40 acres, which keeps us quite busy.

L: Any hobbies?

A: I run and CrossFit, which has drastically been cut back since we had our baby. I also enjoy woodworking and many projects, small or large, around our home.