My Agriscience Education Early Field Experience

By: Kelse Brown
Edgerton, Ohio
Agriscience Education
Sophomore

I attended Edon Northwest Local Schools for my Early Field Experience located in Edon, Ohio. During my time there, I helped students complete end of the year shop projects including woodworking and welding. I also gave a short presentation about FFA Camp Muskingum to 8th grade and freshman students.

During my experience I also had the opportunity to sit in at an Edon FFA meeting as well as a staff meeting of educators. This was very insightful too see everything from the teacher’s point of view!

A picture of my cooperating educator (Ms. Crossen) and I on my final day of my early field experience.

Here I showed the students one of my old FFA camp activities schedule that outlined what I did day by day. I also gave them the information for the Ohio FFA Camp Muskingum website so they would be able to check it out on their own time.

Here I had my first practice of teaching and helping a student make precise measurements for his nail and tool box project. The student was very cooperative and worked well under my instruction.