Are you going to a conference? Please post a comment on this page if you plan on attending a conference so your colleagues can plan to travel together or meet up at the conference.
- Regional Conferences (Ohio is part of Region 5, but you can attend a conference in any region!)
- National Annual Conference
- The Ohio Academic Advising Organization (OHAAA) works to bring advisors together to share their successes, challenges, best practices, and trends in the field of Academic Advising and student success. OHAAA’s purpose is to raise the profile of academic advising within the academic community and to support the development and growth of academic advising in higher education in Ohio. OHAAA serves a constituency that includes academic advisors, counselors, faculty, administrators, and others in academic and student affairs concerned with the intellectual and personal growth and career development needs of students.
- Check out their website for upcoming conferences and events
- Advisory body to the university president by maintaining an active and participatory line of communication with the community; to provide a forum through which university staff can raise, discuss, and make recommendations; and to support the university’s mission
- USAC comprises no more than 30 classified and unclassified staff members
American College Personnel Association
- ACPA–College Student Educators International is a values-centered leadership association that has worked to boldly transform higher education since 1924. Student affairs and higher education professionals, faculty, and students trust ACPA to deliver high-quality educational programs, provide access to modern research and scholarship, and promote leadership at all levels through a racial justice and decolonization lens.
- Annual Conventions
- The Ohio College Personnel Association (OCPA) exists to advance student learning and development. In pursuit of this goal, the association facilitates the sharing and creation of knowledge and best practices for student affairs practitioners in the State of Ohio through professional development and networking opportunities. These opportunities enhance and produce collaborative partnerships among students, practitioners, faculty, and professional associations.
- OCPA Annual Conference
- NACDA serves as the professional association for those in the field of athletics administration, providing educational opportunities and serves as a vehicle for networking and the exchange of information to others in the profession.
- NACDA & Affiliates Convention
- The NAAHP holds National meetings on even numbered calendar years:NAAHP National Conference
- The NAAHP holds Regional meetings on odd numbered calendar years: NAAHP Regional Meetings