There are many ways to grow in your career as an Academic Advisor. Below are some places to get started or continue on your journey of professional development. If you know of other opportunities that we should add to this list, please comment below or email us.
- Join organizations and attend conferences
- Read and write journal articles
- Stay up-to-date on key issues in higher education
- Consider writing a blog post for ACADAOS about a key issue that might be impacting OSU or a particular student population
- Watch something that makes you think
- Write a blog post for ACADAOS with your reflection. Link to the video so others can watch!
- Watch a NACADA webinar with fellow ACADAOS members
- Attend trainings and workshops
- Complete a training through BuckeyeLearn – Ohio State’s tool to engage faculty, staff and student employees in training and professional development.
Are you interested in a professional development opportunity that might cost some money? Apply for the ACADAOS Professional Development Fund Grant to help defray your costs (up to $100).