Photoshop

screen-shot-2016-09-16-at-1-27-44-pmscreen-shot-2016-09-16-at-1-27-20-pmI loved having the ability in photoshop to manipulate the colors. I love the way pictures look when only one subject matter is in color and the rest is in black and white, so I took this very busy photo that I took in Little Italy, NYC and decided that the stoplight would be my point of color. I noticed the stoplight and kind of wondered where the cars were, because the streets were filled with people. I figure that when people look at the edited photo, they will see the stoplight and wonder the same thing.

img_5180img_2325-psdThis is a picture of the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge in Cincinnati. I visited Cincinnati for a music festival, and it was very rainy and cloudy while I was there, so I enhanced the colors of the picture to make it look like a bright, beautiful day. I love a picture that captures multiple subjects at once, in this case the river, the bridge, and the city scape. I was able to capture this because this picture was taken from far away and from a sort of aerial point of view, as I was at a level above all of the subjects.

img_3631img_3632

I took this picture while at Topsail Island beach over the summer. I noticed the vanishing point at the end of the pier and the lines that the posts created. I wanted to see if I could manipulate this picture to look more “perfect” and make the lines more vertical, but as I was playing around with the picture I found that stretching it vertically looked pretty cool. The edited picture gives me a feel that the picture was taken looking straight up from the ground, but also looking straight into the horizon.