Over/Under-Editing

img_2976img_2976-1screen-shot-2016-09-09-at-10-42-10-am

Cool                                                        Normal                                                  Warm

Here is a picture from my prom. I felt that the colors and the feel of the photo could be changed with a “temperature” adjustment to the photo. The blue tones of the “cool” photo make the feel of the picture seem literally colder to me. The  weather was a bit bleak the day of prom, so even the “normal” picture seems to cool for my taste. The “warm” photo may be a bit too warm, but overall I think it is my favorite version of this picture.

screen-shot-2016-09-09-at-10-41-04-amimg_3262screen-shot-2016-09-09-at-10-39-49-am

Underexposed                                       Normal                                             Overexposed

I took this photo while laying in the middle of central park on a trip I took to NYC. The sun was shining through the trees and the sky was completely clear. It was a beautiful day and I feel that the “normal” version of this picture best captures the scene. The “underexposed” version makes the photo too dark and doesn’t capture the texture of the trees enough. On the other hand, the “overexposed” version brings too much brightness into the picture. You lose the peek at the sky and can’t make out the definition of the trees in the picture.