From the K’acha Willaykuna website:
K’acha Willaykuna is an interdisciplinary Andean and Amazonian Indigenous Arts and Humanities Collaboration that aﬃrms Ohio State’s commitment to the study of and critical engagement with Indigenous cultures of Abya Yala (the Indigenous denominator for the American continent in its entirety). This initiative is funded through the Global Arts and Humanities Discovery Theme.
K’acha Willaykuna addresses ﬁve key areas to enrich and amplify the impact of initiatives at Ohio State, while contributing to new institutional pathways of mobility for inclusion of Indigenous partners. The key areas aim to foster cultural humility among our campus community:
- Indigenous artist and artisan short-term residencies and consultancies
- Teaching collaborations and teaching clusters, curriculum development, student engagement
- Indigenous arts and humanities legacy preservation, knowledge equity and digital humanities
- Graduate and undergraduate research and student engagement
- Outreach and public engagement