Please join us at the Mount Vernon Middle School on November 9, 2023 to celebrate the accomplishments of the Knox County 4-Hers! Please arrive at 6:30pm with a dessert to share so we can recognize county projects awards, older youth membership, state fair participants, and Cloverbud graduation. Dress is casual for this family friendly event.
Fall Awards Recognition 2023
Let’s try again! We want to recognize our amazing Knox County 4-H members, Cloverbuds, and advisors for the awesome effort they put into our program! Please join us November 10, 2022 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Ramser 4-H Activity Center for an awards presentation of top projects, Cloverbud Graduation, membership recognition awards, and advisor appreciation gifts. Light desserts will be provided but please feel free to bring something to share! Dress is casual and family is welcome. Please RSVP to the OSU Extension Office by Nov 8.
We hope to see you Nov 10!
Flyer: Award night Take 2
Licking County has been gracious enough to extend an invitation for Knox County youth to attend their Teen Awards & Opportunity Workshop. This is designed for youth age 14 and older as of January 1, 2022. There are numerous opportunities, awards, and recognition that are outside of the county that our youth can apply for. This workshop will discuss all of the available opportunities, how to apply, and reveal tips to give you a competitive advantage, and provide sample successful forms as a guide to get you started. 4-H members, their family members, and club advisors are encouraged to attend. This will take place on Tuesday, September 14 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the Licking County Extension Office. Please contact Lisa directly at email@example.com to register.
We will be hosting a virtual 4-H awards program for 2020 due to COVID restrictions. A Facebook launch with award winners is set for the week of October 26 through 30. Please congratulate all the Knox County award winners and youth that have accomplished 10 plus years of 4-H.
Last week we had a great celebration recognizing our outstanding 4-H youth and 4-H clubs. Please refer to the following link to see those that were recognized.
Program: Program 2018-1f4ll69
We also want to say than you to our award sponsors for that evening:
- Angry Farmer Products
- Buckingham Electric, Inc.
- Danville Family Dentistry
- Danville Veterinary Clinic – Dr. Teresa Hoxworth
- Dusty’s Ag Service
- Edward Jones Investments
- The Energy Cooperative
- Farm Credit Mid America
- First Knox National Bank
- Cathy Goeppinger
- David Greer
- Brian Howe, DDS Family Dentistry
- Knox County Agricultural Society
- Knox County Career Center Schools
- Knox County Farm Bureau
- Knox County 4-H Planning Committee
- Knox County Pomona Grange
- Knox Soil & Water Conservation District
- Lasater Funeral Homes
- Bob & Kay Lower
- Leck & Helen McKee
- The PEoples Bank of Gambier
- G.R. Smith Hardware
- Three Springs Farm
- Swetlic Chiropractic & Rehab Center
- The Weather Vane – Jean Wyatt
- Wilging, Roush & Parsons; CPA’s
Ohio State Fair Mini Horse Show
- Samantha Webb showed Spirit and hey placed 4th in Hunter Jumper at the Ohio State Fair in the small equine class. They also placed 4th in Jumper small equine class.
- Arwen Furnis and Diamond Glitter placed 5th in Hunter Jumper small equine and Grand Champion in small equine Trail in Hand at the Ohio state fair.
During the Draft Horse Show at the Ohio State Fair Lydia Ingalls was Reserve Champion in Showmanship and placed 3rd Overall in Cart.
Knox County was well represented at the Dairy Market Feeder Show during the 2018 Ohio State Fair.
- Sierra Shields had Overall Grand Champion
- Alex Annett had Overall Reserve Grand Champion.
- Alexis Bostick was 4th Place Overall
- Knox Countians won 7 of the 9 classes offered. Also showing were Ethan Swendal and Hannah Vaughn.
- Amanda Annett won Senior Showmanship
- Alex Annett won Junior Showmanship
During the Dairy Show at the Ohio State Fair, Audrey Bouton placed first in her class with her Junior Two-Year Old Holstein.
During the Junior Horse Show at the Ohio State Fair:
- Raven Clagg was awarded Grand Champion for Barrels in the 14-18 year old division
- Erika Conant was awarded Reserve Grand Champion for Stakes Race in the 14-18 year old division
During the Ohio State Fair Goat Skillathon:
- Madeline Elfrink placed 5th overall in her age division
- Catherine Elfrink placed 1st place overall in her age division
Congratulations to ALL!
Congratulations to the following youth who received awards during the 2018 Ohio State Fair with non-livestock projects:
- Jack Fowler – Tune It Up (Small Engines)
- Tess Shultz – From Airedales to Zebras (Veterinary Science)
- Zechariah Sprayberry – Finishing Up (Woodworking)
These individuals will be recognized during our year-end recognition on September 24.
We had several individuals that chose to show livestock projects at the Ohio State Fair. If you or someone in your club did well at the Ohio State Fair, we want to know. Please pass on their accomplishments so they can be recognized on September 24 as well. This could be skillathon, outstanding market exhibitor, showmanship, and/or live class placings. Please email Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market Beef & Market Dairy Steer Weigh-in and Tagging – Saturday, December 2: 8:00-11:00 a.m.
Awards – Keep in mind we still have NUMEROUS awards left over from the awards reception in September. Email reminders are being sent out to encourage clubs to pick up the awards for all of their members. Please try to get those picked up in the next week or so. Thank you!