The 4-H Urban Immersion Project (UIP) is an Ohio 4-H initiative that combines cross-cultural learning, teamwork and service learning in the urban environment of Washington, DC. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the UIP Experience!
4-H teens ages 15-18 and still in High School are eligible for this 4-day service-learning experience that will build skills and abilities to prepare youth for success in a diverse workplace as well as build cultural understanding of those who are different. This experience will not be about shopping or sightseeing, although we will visit some monuments and historic sites. The cost of the experience is $180. Limited scholarship funds are also available. All teen applicants will be contacted to complete an additional phone interview before selection.
- Who: Teens ages 15-18 (by the date of the trip – still in High School) – Space is limited.
- Where: Washington, DC (Washington Seminar Center – 201 4th St. SE, Washington, DC)
- When: Thursday (6am), September 21st – Sunday, September 24th, 2023
- Application: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:6fe9638f-9d08-330c-844b-8a66900ed822 (go.osu.edu/uip23)
- Cost: $180 (check payable to Warren County Extension) (Includes most meals, program fees, overnight lodging and transportation)