2023 Livestock Quality Assurance Training Sessions: This year we will continue to be back in the schools to deliver Quality Assurance face to face. Those date are as follows:
- March 9: 6-7:30 p.m. at East Knox High School
- April 13: 6-7:30 p.m. at Centerburg High School
- April 17: 6-7:30 p.m. at Fredericktown High School
- May 11: 6-7:30 p.m. at Mount Vernon High School
- May 18: 6-7:30 p.m. at Danville High School
2023 Special Livestock Quality Assurance Training Sessions: This year we are offering optional sessions for youth and their families that are in their 1st and 2nd year exhibiting and for youth that are 15 years old and older. These are not mandatory just another option to complete your Quality Assurance requirement.
- February 20: Test Out from 10 a.m.-Noon for youth 15 years old and older
- March 14 Sessions for youth in their 1st & 2nd year from 6-8 p.m.
- March 22: Sessions for youth in their 1st & 2nd year from 6-8 p.m.
All three of these sessions will be held at the Ramser 4-H Activity Center.
2023 Horse Quality Assurance Training Sessions: This year we will be conducting Horse Quality Assurance a little different this year. We have asked all clubs to supply Lauren Smith and I with dates of club meetings that will accommodate us coming to a club meeting and conducting Quality Assurance there. Please understand that it will be important to make sure that you attend the meeting that we will be coming to in order to complete this mandatory step.
Horse Quality Assurance Test Out: This option will be for youth that are ages 15 and older. This would be a test-out for the remainder of their 4-H/FFA career (multi-year certification). Youth will have the opportunity to test out after each horse quality assurance session conducted or can schedule at time to take the test by contacting Andrea at 740-397-0401 or at email@example.com.
Horse Quality Assurance Designations
All members attending the Knox County Junior Fair with their horse and/or other species will need to complete at
least one Quality Assurance session for 2023 in order to be eligible to show at the fair this year (plus other criteria).
- 1st Year horse exhibitors with only a horse will need to complete a Horse QA session
- 1st Year horse exhibitors with a horse and a market animal will need to complete a Horse QA session and a Livestock QA session
- Youth will only a horse (2nd year+) will need to a complete a Horse QA session
- Youth will a horse (2nd year+) and a market animal will need to complete a Livestock QA session
***PLEASE NOTE: Exhibitors will be denied access to the Quality Assurance training once the session is 15 minutes past the start time.***