fish in soap
- a charming craft that i think would scale up well to be an interesting 3d art project
- the image of the lone fish is very isolating, something that could be interesting to portray
- just has a lot of visual interest with the bright color of the fish against the clear soap and plastic bag surrounding it
Louise Bourgeois’s Spider
- spiders snare and entrap creatures in their webs, and their legs are somewhat cagelike
- the spindly, precarious form is very interesting to me. they are dangerous, but fragile
- i wonder about the potential of a spider with its own web entangling its legs, trapped by its own nature
- a bit morbid, but hear me out.
- coffins are beautiful and simple forms with a lot of potential symbolism
- the open in a very interesting way that could be used for visual interest
- the potential for performance is high. things can be on, around, or inside a coffin. things can be put in or escape from a coffin.
-the core structure is mainly complete
-im going to fill any large gaps then begin paper mache
did you know mushrooms are more like animals than plants? wild.
-these mushrooms play synths!
-the lights of the synth made me consider incorporating lights into my mushroom piece
-so many different, interesting shapes, but my favorite is the cordyceps
-frequently utilizes transparency to create a connection to surroundings
-lack of visibility facial expressions can lead to an interesting sense of anonymity
-enclosed spaces can create a landscape that is quite interesting
-artwork that draw a lot of attention in public
-i like the use of supports to help hold the artwork in place
-the hypervisibility of this work appeals to me a lot
Object Head Movement/subculture
-born out of a desire to have simultaneous self-expression while maintaining anonymity
-a subculture dedicated entirely to transforming the head
-opportunities to play with differing levels of transparency and face visibility
-ok these sketches suck but my wrists hurt so drawing hurts. meh
-the goal would be to possibly utilize mesh or vinyl to mimic a screen
-typical object head protocol is to not show the face. but for this one, I could utilize transparency to create a transformation rather than a replacement
-could play with the idea of wires and technology integrated with a human body (SFX to have power cord into neck?)