Year in Review

Freshman year:

After this semester i realized how busy the college life is. It is kind of surprising to me that i actually enjoyed the busy work and the different organizations i am in. I love the feeling that i have something to accomplish each day, and i feel like i am not wasting any of my time on something that is not meaningful to me. I struggled a little bit with picking a major that i like, but i finally decided on business major. I feel like I’m am a person who is good at communication and i love the econ class i am taking this semester. This seems like a good route to me and hopefully I can decide on my specialization later on. Overall, this semester is busy but fulfilling. I have learned a lot but also made many good friends. I hope everything goes well for next semester.

Sophomore year:

This semester ended quickly and not as expected due to the pandemic, and I suddenly felt the sadness. I actually realize my college life is already half way through, and I really did enjoyed the busy but fun college life. I was very lost in my first year of college because I was undecided in major, and I felt like I didn’t belonged to any part of the school. This year I was finalized in two majors actually, and it was Accounting and psychology. The two majors sounded entirely different, but I saw the connection in between. Accounting being a business major requires large about of networking and talking, and psychology is learning about how people behave whether in talking or thinking. If business is the phone itself, I will consider psychology being the plug that connects to the phone. The two majors balance nicely with each other and psychology can still continues my interest in science. Being determined in my major I feel a lot more confident and belonged this year, but also more stress. This year I struggled a lot with trying to find internship opportunities and interviewing in many different position. I realize there is no short cuts into any job or major, there will always be more to learn. I also learned to not be afraid to rejection because rejection is the door to more opportunities. I am still considering many things after college this year such as going to get a master or try to find a job first. I have many ideas popping through my head, but I hope next year I can plan on a more clear path for myself after college. Overall, it is a stressful year and also a year with more confidence.